DPD Forum - Home Of The DPD Army

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
MOONHEAD2
DeadmanXIII
Davekma
7 posters

Obligatory Game of the Year Thread

Davekma
    Davekma

Obligatory Game of the Year Thread Empty Obligatory Game of the Year Thread

Post by Davekma Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:40 am

Surely, we had to have one people, what kind of forum would we be if we didn't?

Plenty of contenders this year, starting right from the beginning in January and carrying on most of the way through the year, with only the normal summer lull slowing things down a bit, before everything went mental come Semptember/October as per usual.

Me? It's still got to be Mass Effect 2 I think, 1st game I bought this year and it just had the best all around experience and met pretty much all my expectations of the game. Combine that with the new ME3 trailer, and I'm starting to get the itch to go back through on my 2nd playthrough and start setting things up for my save game carry over.

GT5 should probably have been the one, but it was just missing too many little things to put it over, though I will say if they keep making updates like 1.05, it will go a long way to making it the game it can be.

Right, for those of the tl;dr persuasion, Mass Effect 2 my GOTY, what's yours?
    DeadmanXIII
    DeadmanXIII

Obligatory Game of the Year Thread Empty Re: Obligatory Game of the Year Thread

Post by DeadmanXIII Wed Dec 22, 2010 4:05 pm

Mine was Heavy Rain for almost the entire year, but Donkey Kong Country Returns beat it in the last weeks if December. It's a game that satisfies all my gamer cravings and I can see myself still playing it in years to come. A classic!

And no I can't believe a Wii game is my GOTY either!
    MOONHEAD2
    MOONHEAD2

Post by MOONHEAD2 Thu Dec 23, 2010 1:58 am

Uncharted 2 - again LOL (shame it isnt possible)
    DeadmanXIII
    DeadmanXIII

Post by DeadmanXIII Thu Dec 23, 2010 2:58 am

MOONHEAD2 wrote:Uncharted 2 - again LOL (shame it isnt possible)

You MUST have played something released this year?
    MOONHEAD2
    MOONHEAD2

Post by MOONHEAD2 Thu Dec 23, 2010 3:19 am

DeadmanXIII wrote:
    MOONHEAD2 wrote:Uncharted 2 - again LOL (shame it isnt possible)

You MUST have played something released this year?
    Heavy rain - erm alone in the dark erm .... lol
    Haify
    Haify

Post by Haify Thu Dec 23, 2010 10:17 pm

alone in the dark came out ages ago I thought Razz
    jufonuk
    jufonuk

Post by jufonuk Thu Dec 23, 2010 11:56 pm

Wii Wise would be TvC
    Wiiware wise cave story
    x360 wise Vanquish
    XBLA Lara Croft

havent played enough DKR yet but it is up there (been ping ponging between games)
    jjones87
    jjones87

Post by jjones87 Tue Dec 28, 2010 11:10 pm

I would say GOW 3. that game for me was just epic, oh and possibly fifa 11 (just cos im a huge footie fan!)
    Aysir
    Aysir

Post by Aysir Thu Dec 30, 2010 1:14 am

I coulda sworn we had a GOTY thread, but I can't seem to find it. Anyway, my pick would be Mass Effect 2, followed closely by God of War 3. I think God of War 3 is the better game to be honest, but Mass Effect 2 is an role player that lets me make a character Smile
    Haify
    Haify

Post by Haify Thu Dec 30, 2010 11:46 am

Castlevania: Lords of shadow or Heavy Rain I would have to say but then again there has been some awesome PSN titles that came out this year.
    jjones87
    jjones87

Post by jjones87 Thu Dec 30, 2010 8:53 pm

Haify wrote:Castlevania: Lords of shadow or Heavy Rain I would have to say but then again there has been some awesome PSN titles that came out this year.

Castle Crashers perhaps?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Jul 02, 2024 12:14 am