DPD Forum - Home Of The DPD Army

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Trying to be more frugal this year:..(gaming NYR)

jufonuk
    jufonuk

Trying to be more frugal this year:..(gaming NYR) Empty Trying to be more frugal this year:..(gaming NYR)

Post by jufonuk Tue Jan 04, 2011 4:59 pm

I spent a shit laod on gaming last year (must be in the thousand(s))

so I made a New years Resolution:
    what with trying to save up incase of redundancy (so I got some emergency dosh) I am going to pare down my Spending in regards to my fave hobby.

to this end I have made a list which I hope to stick to of games that I want to get and try and Purchase no more than the required list, I also plan on renting more games to complete them from love film.

my list is as follows

Xbox 360:
    MvC3
    Dead Space 2 (though may rent this instead)
    Arkham City
    XBLA:
    Bangai-O HD
    Radiant Silvergun

Wii
    Conduit 2 (maybe a rental depending on reviews)
    Kirby's Epic Yarn
    The Grinder (if it ever comes out)
    Guiklty Gear Accent Core Plus (maybe a rental)

WiiWare
    Hydro Adventure or whatever it is called
    Bit Trip Fate.

I feel it will be a more sensible to limit my purchases as I want to keep saving, it also what the upside of in theory decreasing my backlog (as I will have to go back and complete the games instead of jsut playing then buying a new game and moving onto the new game)

I am sure 2011 will bring up some suprise purchases though, as another rule the Bargain bin is also another place I will look

as for the big one of 2011 (The 3DS)
    shit I don't know what to do possible trade in my DSi then offest the price, I releastically think I will get it around summer time (onmce the price drops)
    the lure of SSFIV on the move is too much for me, plus all the other goodies
    any ways anyone else planning on doing this?
    DeadmanXIII
    DeadmanXIII

Trying to be more frugal this year:..(gaming NYR) Empty Re: Trying to be more frugal this year:..(gaming NYR)

Post by DeadmanXIII Wed Jan 05, 2011 2:43 am

Holy shit, once again our wavelengths cross!

I am in the exact same situation, I was considering buying a maximum of 1 game a month, or limiting my spending to under £30 a month but 3DS ruins all my plans. I think by limiting myself it's making me want to buy EVERYTHING. so rather than impose any Real steadfast rules for my new years resolution I'm just gonna make a conscious effort to buy fewer games and Play the ones I have. After all, they were good enough to buy originally so I really should get to them.

I'd bought my 1st game of 2011 by the 2nd Of Jan and I am committed to not buying another game till next month. Once I start clearing through the pile of shame I don't see why I can pick up a few new titles but I'm back to about 15-20 games to finish off.

Bring em on...
    jufonuk
    jufonuk

Trying to be more frugal this year:..(gaming NYR) Empty Re: Trying to be more frugal this year:..(gaming NYR)

Post by jufonuk Wed Jan 05, 2011 3:14 am

DeadmanXIII wrote:
    I'd bought my 1st game of 2011 by the 2nd Of Jan
    tell me how is Kinectimals?
    lol!

I think what with the Wii at the end of it's life I can pick up some good bargin bin games...
    DeadmanXIII
    DeadmanXIII

Post by DeadmanXIII Wed Jan 05, 2011 2:05 pm

Bluntsquall has bought kinectimals actually! Cute animal sim doesnt do it for me, I'm nit even getting Nintendogs & Cats on 3DS.

Haify
    Haify

Post by Haify Wed Jan 05, 2011 2:53 pm

I've been like that for a while only pick up game I know I will defiantly play or I pick up cheap games from CEX for like £3-£7 haha

Lately I've been buying more PC games for my dad Razz

@Deadman you seriously want that 3DS don't you? haha I read over on kotaku that the creater of Kid Icarus said that you will have to keep the 3DS stead as possible to view the 3D.
    jufonuk
    jufonuk

Post by jufonuk Wed Jan 05, 2011 3:56 pm

I may end up eating my hat, but I don't think 2011 will be as full of must own wii and 360 games, it's all about the 3DS for me.

I can confidently say that 2010 was the best line-up for the Wii IMHO.
    DeadmanXIII
    DeadmanXIII

Post by DeadmanXIII Wed Jan 05, 2011 4:42 pm

I went through the release list announced so far had have 13 games to buy. That's kind of a lot! That's without going back to pick up cheap deals On last years stuff. Hello Vanquish and Vania!

*sigh* games these days are just too fucking good!
    jufonuk
    jufonuk

Post by jufonuk Wed Jan 05, 2011 5:18 pm

you must get Vanquish., or rob I can lend you it, fuck man lets do a DPD inter gaming lending library maybe??
    Haify
    Haify

Post by Haify Sat Jan 08, 2011 2:15 am

Getting tempted to buy MvC3 as seeing some of the new trailers its looking better.

Is vanquish good? as I've been tempted to pick it up every time I come across it but I pass up on it because I heard its like 3hours long or some thing like that. :\
    DeadmanXIII
    DeadmanXIII

Post by DeadmanXIII Sat Jan 08, 2011 2:25 am

MvC3. My gaming purchase for Feb.
    jufonuk
    jufonuk

Post by jufonuk Sat Jan 08, 2011 2:26 am

Haify wrote:Getting tempted to buy MvC3 as seeing some of the new trailers its looking better.

Is vanquish good? as I've been tempted to pick it up every time I come across it but I pass up on it because I heard its like 3hours long or some thing like that. :\

i got vanquish in the sale and heard it is like 3-4 hours but is great so far.
    Haify
    Haify

Post by Haify Sat Jan 08, 2011 2:33 am

jufonuk wrote:i got vanquish in the sale and heard it is like 3-4 hours but is great so far.

Cool might pick it up from play later as I enjoyed the demo and £17 isn't a bad price.

DeadmanXIII wrote:MvC3. My gaming purchase for Feb.

It comes out Feb? wah! What console you getting it for? Will have to pick that up myself and you not getting killzone 3 in feb? Shocked
    DeadmanXIII
    DeadmanXIII

Post by DeadmanXIII Sat Jan 08, 2011 2:34 am

I didn't realise Killzone is Feb. I'll get that instead! Lol
    jufonuk
    jufonuk

Post by jufonuk Sat Jan 08, 2011 2:38 am

MvC3 360 for me.
    Haify
    Haify

Post by Haify Sat Jan 08, 2011 4:19 pm

DeadmanXIII wrote:I didn't realise Killzone is Feb. I'll get that instead! Lol

25th I think it is haha

I probably pick up both Razz
    jjones87
    jjones87

Post by jjones87 Sat Jan 08, 2011 8:33 pm

Dead space 2 first, then killzone 3... good few months for the ps3 Very Happy
    jufonuk
    jufonuk

Post by jufonuk Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:51 am

one more off my list, vanquish is short but ever so sweeeeet
    DeadmanXIII
    DeadmanXIII

Post by DeadmanXIII Mon Jan 10, 2011 3:03 am

I'm finding it very difficult to NOT buy new titles. The £80 sec credit I have is burning a serious hole in my pocket! I was in there today, a game in hand, and had to basically talk myself out of buying it.

I have lots to play, just need to get on with it!
    jufonuk
    jufonuk

Post by jufonuk Mon Jan 10, 2011 3:13 am

DeadmanXIII wrote:I'm finding it very difficult to NOT buy new titles. The £80 sec credit I have is burning a serious hole in my pocket! I was in there today, a game in hand, and had to basically talk myself out of buying it.

I have lots to play, just need to get on with it!
    i'll lend yah vanquish if you want, use the £80 credit towards 3ds
    DeadmanXIII
    DeadmanXIII

Post by DeadmanXIII Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:10 am

Sadly, everythIng in CEX is secondhand so they don't get new releases bang on time nd I want my 3DS the minute it comes out.
    Haify
    Haify

Post by Haify Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:16 am

jufonuk wrote:one more off my list, vanquish is short but ever so sweeeeet

I got my copy from play today completed chapter 2, you was right its a good game but at the moment I'm loving it but also hating it haha.

I do so well in levels but then I either other heat at a bad point then die or I just get one hit killed while trying to defend myself gets annoying Razz
    jufonuk
    jufonuk

Post by jufonuk Sat Apr 02, 2011 3:15 am

I am being more frugal I am hitting the bargain basements, Alan wake for 8.99 is a good deal for me Very Happy, I am hitting older games at a lower price Very Happy

Getting conduit 2 as soon as it comes out though,
    DeadmanXIII
    DeadmanXIII

Post by DeadmanXIII Sat Apr 02, 2011 2:50 pm

Alan Wake is Awesome! I'm off buying games for a while, WWE Allstars will do for now. I got a big back log to get through. Not worrying about playing games while baby is little.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Jun 29, 2024 9:42 pm