DPD Forum - Home Of The DPD Army

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+4
Hylian
Dantelockload
Aysir
DeadmanXIII
8 posters

Game Of The Year... So Far?

DeadmanXIII
    DeadmanXIII

Game Of The Year... So Far? Empty Game Of The Year... So Far?

Post by DeadmanXIII Mon Oct 04, 2010 6:22 pm

A LOT of good stuff has come out this year and i wanna know whats really floated your boat on whatever format?
    Aysir
    Aysir

Game Of The Year... So Far? Empty Re: Game Of The Year... So Far?

Post by Aysir Mon Oct 04, 2010 6:43 pm

Mine is still Mass Effect 2 and while there's a lot of good games coming out, there's nothing to challenge that for me.
    Dantelockload
    Dantelockload

Post by Dantelockload Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:25 pm

This is a tough call you know, for several reasons one being that i cant remember what has been out lol! hmmm im probably going to have to go with Heavy Rain although Force unleashed 2 and Castlevania could make that a different story lol
    Hylian
    Hylian

Post by Hylian Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:37 pm

I haven't had access to the full buffet of games this year, as I am still sans X360/PS3. I did, however, get Dragon Quest IX for the DS which has been a joy to play indeed! Loads of customisation, perfect learning curve, and a great sense of humour to boot!
    Davekma
    Davekma

Post by Davekma Mon Oct 04, 2010 11:40 pm

Aysir wrote:Mine is still Mass Effect 2 and while there's a lot of good games coming out, there's nothing to challenge that for me.

This.

While I love Gran Turismo, and know it will be incredible, I have to admit that it's limited by just being a racing game. Admittedly, the best racing game ever, but still limited.

Mass Effect has everything, and appeals to more people, and is a very good example of what modern gaming is all about; A complete and solid game, with no obvious flaws, backed by a great developer who keeps things fresh with very good DLC offerings as time goes forward.
    Aysir
    Aysir

Post by Aysir Tue Oct 05, 2010 12:15 am

The DLC for Mass Effect 2 has been surprisingly good. ME1's was interesting, but it was old assets with little in the way on new stuff. ME2 introduced vehicles, new characters, weapons and Boss Fights in entirely new locations that really extended the game out nicely.
    MOONHEAD2
    MOONHEAD2

Post by MOONHEAD2 Wed Oct 06, 2010 3:43 pm

im my opinion Heavy rain gets my vote the storyline is expertly done and has alot of replay value - however the kamikaze trophy gets on my nerves lol Aysir has it! going back to the type of game it is i enjoyed saw the game so first thought it would be soome rip off version till i heard it was a good game to play i went for it and am not regretting it i already completed it 1 but done 2 endings... soon i will replay on the move!
    huntervp
    huntervp

Post by huntervp Fri Oct 08, 2010 1:50 am

at the moment my game of the year is also mass effect 2 it had the right mixture for a game of the year there have supported it well with dlc but in the coming months something might knock it off the soap box as we have a flood of games coming inbound
    jufonuk
    jufonuk

Post by jufonuk Sat Oct 09, 2010 12:02 am

Super Street Fighter IV, Metroid Other M oh, TvC come to mind

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Jul 02, 2024 12:10 am