DPD Forum - Home Of The DPD Army

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
Aysir
Hylian
DeadmanXIII
7 posters

Can anyone recommend a good Anime, For an Anime NooB?

DeadmanXIII
    DeadmanXIII

Can anyone recommend a good Anime, For an Anime NooB? Empty Can anyone recommend a good Anime, For an Anime NooB?

Post by DeadmanXIII Mon Oct 04, 2010 11:20 pm

Not quite a double topic, Dante there is a seasoned Anime Veteran, where i on the other hand have watched a few Anime movies over the years, and caught an episode of Bleach here and there.

I WOULD like to try an Anime series out, but everything is like 200+ episodes, and i wouldnt want to start them from scratch.

Im after a short series that i could watch maybe? Nothing kiddie (no offence to any Anime fans) like DBZ or Naruto!

Hylian
    Hylian

Can anyone recommend a good Anime, For an Anime NooB? Empty Re: Can anyone recommend a good Anime, For an Anime NooB?

Post by Hylian Mon Oct 04, 2010 11:35 pm

Again, I'm gonna have to say Death Note. It fits your bill perfectly! It's pretty short (around 50 eps in total), it's more adult-y (themes of justice vs. vengeance, capital punishment, and the whole series plays like an intellectual duel between the main characters), and it's truly one of my favourite anime series of all time!
    DeadmanXIII
    DeadmanXIII

Can anyone recommend a good Anime, For an Anime NooB? Empty Re: Can anyone recommend a good Anime, For an Anime NooB?

Post by DeadmanXIII Tue Oct 05, 2010 12:08 am

where would i start watching something like this? Not too keen on getting a 50 episode box set from Play or something. Anyone got the first few episodes that i can try?
    Hylian
    Hylian

Post by Hylian Tue Oct 05, 2010 12:20 am

There's always torrents and stuff but I'll see if I can find some good linkage. I've been thinking of getting the boxset for myself, if I can pick it up cheap I'll lend it to ya!
    Aysir
    Aysir

Post by Aysir Tue Oct 05, 2010 12:26 am

The DVD's have bunches of eps now (like Cool My advice is watch the first 25 and no more. It's a good ending to the series and everything after that just gets farcical.
    If you feel like watching a series about big robot suits, then try Gundam 00, it's sci-fi - but a little more grown up that standard robot stuff.
    Wolf's Rain or Claymore are also good short anime - lot's of imagination and dark themes in both.
    DeadmanXIII
    DeadmanXIII

Post by DeadmanXIII Tue Oct 05, 2010 12:33 am

I'll start rummaging through Youtube and see what grabs me. Claymore looks interesting.

25 episodes of Deathnote sounds managable too
    Haify
    Haify

Post by Haify Tue Oct 05, 2010 1:55 am

I'm surprised no one has said it yet but Cowboy Bebop all the way its just pure win Very Happy
    Aysir
    Aysir

Post by Aysir Tue Oct 05, 2010 11:33 am

I like Cowboy Bebop, but the lack of a running, understandable story is a big let down for me. It's still awesome, but not in my top ten.
    Dantelockload
    Dantelockload

Post by Dantelockload Thu Oct 07, 2010 10:26 am

SO mr opinion decides he wants to watch some anime and the first thing he does is say that naurto is for kids. once a douche always a douche Razz

You should try Elfen lied or Vamipre hunter D. Also Devil May Cry is a good anime and only has about 13 eps

just try not to be a punk i know its hard Razz
    DeadmanXIII
    DeadmanXIII

Post by DeadmanXIII Thu Oct 07, 2010 1:06 pm

I'm not being a punk, but Naruto and DBZ has a very different vibe to Deathnote, Claymore or ghost in the shell, and to argue that is crazy!
    Aysir
    Aysir

Post by Aysir Thu Oct 07, 2010 1:23 pm

I agree. While Naruto and probably DBZ do have themes that the west wouldn't consider for kids - their structure and look is a less mature than serious anime like Deathnote.
    DeadmanXIII
    DeadmanXIII

Post by DeadmanXIII Thu Oct 07, 2010 1:27 pm

Thank god for that, I was fearing the wrath of th amine gods with that last post! Very Happy
    Haify
    Haify

Post by Haify Fri Oct 08, 2010 12:18 pm

Elfen lied is a good anime, Naruto is just a bunch of emos!
    serenity
    serenity

Post by serenity Fri Oct 08, 2010 12:21 pm

Try ghost in the machine
    DeadmanXIII
    DeadmanXIII

Post by DeadmanXIII Fri Oct 08, 2010 9:55 pm

ive gone for Claymore, CEX had episodes 1-10 for £5 so i snapped it up
    Restless
    Restless

Post by Restless Mon Oct 11, 2010 5:35 pm

i would definatly suggest you see Trigun (my avatar is the main charactor) which if you wanted to you could borrow since i have them dvd..and only like 26 episodes..

neon genesis evangelion is a good robot series. recently they have released the film versions which are easy to get and are pretty much the same story.. two films or 26 episodes..

Initial d is one of my fave series, but it's a car drifting anime so alot different then other ones.. first series is 24 episodes of 4 series, but each series is pretty seperate so you wouldn't need to see them all at once..

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Jun 29, 2024 9:28 pm