DPD Forum - Home Of The DPD Army

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

Can anyone recommend a good Anime?

Dantelockload
    Dantelockload

Can anyone recommend a good Anime? Empty Can anyone recommend a good Anime?

Post by Dantelockload Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:32 pm

So I'm in the mood for a new Anime to watch. I likes the stables like Naruto Bleach Full metal Alchemist but also dabble in the Ghibli and such so who has any recommendations?
    Hylian
    Hylian

Can anyone recommend a good Anime? Empty Re: Can anyone recommend a good Anime?

Post by Hylian Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:39 pm

I can't remember if you've seen Death Note or not, but it's probably my all-time favourite anime. Read or Die (the serial or TV series) is also great fun. What Ghiblis have you/haven't you seen? I could recommend some great ones!
    Dantelockload
    Dantelockload

Post by Dantelockload Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:49 pm

Oooo god i cant even remember lol erm Howls moving castle, spirited away, Princess Mononoke, Ponyo and some others lol

ROD is an awesome series watched it at anime club at uni now that was good times lol. Me think we should have an anime day soon Mr Hylian!
    Hylian
    Hylian

Post by Hylian Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:56 pm

Nausicaa, My Neighbour Totoro & The Cat Returns are all worth a watch (Nausicaa may be my favourite Ghibli). Not from those guys but 'The Girl Who Leapt Through Time' is another great one, and done very much in their style!

You had an anime club at uni? So jealous! Totally with you on the anime day though. We should make it happen!
    Aysir
    Aysir

Post by Aysir Tue Oct 05, 2010 12:23 am

My faves are Hikaru No Go, Hajime No Ippo, Gundam Seed, Gundam 00, Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex and Claymore. Try any of those Very Happy
    Hylian
    Hylian

Post by Hylian Tue Oct 05, 2010 12:30 am

I saw a few episodes of Claymore, and I can second that recommendation! Grenadier and Code Geass also worth a watch!
    Aysir
    Aysir

Post by Aysir Tue Oct 05, 2010 12:52 am

When UkAllen finally gets on here, he'd also recommend Claymore...and Gundam Seed Smile
    Dantelockload
    Dantelockload

Post by Dantelockload Thu Oct 07, 2010 10:23 am

I really need to Watch ghost in the shell my friend swears by them. I also really liked Trigun and Air gears wish they would make more of those

Has anyone watched Afro Samurai ?
    Aysir
    Aysir

Post by Aysir Thu Oct 07, 2010 7:26 pm

I tried Afro Samurai. Didn't like it. Samurai Champloo is far more hip and cool Samurai series Smile
    Oh and while I love Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex - I hate the movies GITS 1 and 2: innocence.
    Haify
    Haify

Post by Haify Fri Oct 08, 2010 9:44 pm

Samurai Champloo is awesome defo should watch!

Air gear, honey and clover are also good.
    Aysir
    Aysir

Post by Aysir Sat Oct 09, 2010 1:22 am

Honey and Clover's quite special - quite funny and very sentimental. It's very teenager - but very good.
    Haify
    Haify

Post by Haify Sat Oct 09, 2010 1:55 am

Aysir wrote:Honey and Clover's quite special - quite funny and very sentimental. It's very teenager - but very good.

My friend recommended it to me at first I wasn't too sure but the more I watched it the more I liked it haha
    Restless
    Restless

Post by Restless Mon Oct 11, 2010 5:26 pm

i was going to suggest trigun, death note and Ghost in the shell but it seems they have already been recomendeded.. hmm...

initial d is awesome and one of my favourite anime series. it's car anime where the battles are fought by drifting cars around roads in the japan mountains..

xxxholic (not a hentai even if it sounds like one) is about a shop that grants wishes kinda, and is quite weird since the main charactor i pissed more of the time (hence the name) plus tsubasa is twinned with it bit i haven't seen that to say..

ninja scroll the series has has some good and bad reviews... if you don't know ninja scroll films then you really need to see them..

My girlfriend has been watching the following ones and has been telling me jow great they are but i haven't seen them to say

Elemental Gelade - battle by strapping a girl to your back... or something like that..

Eflin Lied - just sounds weird..

Elemental Gelade
    Restless
    Restless

Post by Restless Mon Oct 11, 2010 5:28 pm

i almost forgot neon genesis evangelion - massive robot battles though gets a bit weird towards the end..

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Sep 29, 2024 6:14 am