DPD Forum - Home Of The DPD Army

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

Hard Corps uprising...Demo on XBLA

jufonuk
    jufonuk

Hard Corps uprising...Demo on XBLA Empty Hard Corps uprising...Demo on XBLA

Post by jufonuk Thu Feb 17, 2011 12:56 am

just downloaded the demo and had a few goes of it, not really sure about this game, nice art style great design.. gameplay is a bit meh..

They overly complicated the controls (locked direction shot, multi directional shot with fixed in place characters,double jump, dashing, air dashing, shot reflection) instead of a few buttons, you have a lot you have to hold the triggers to activate the lock shot or multi shot, bumper for dash, then you have the fire button, weapon change button..

also the run speed of the characters is slow unless dash is held.
    they have added a life gauge so you can get hit three or two times depending on character, shot reflect is a nifty idea, but something about the game I am not digging, weapons are hit and miss, the default gun is frankly shite.

it feels like a mixed of contra and metal slug (not a bad thing, I guess I need more time with the game to decide)

it has a lot of modes and online co-op so thats a plus, but something is not clicking with me.

at the moment I prefer contra rebirth it's more old school simpler controls and i guess more faster paced.. I may or may not download the full game it's 1200 points will get if it drops to 800, but I will come back to the demo and decide at the moment 1200 points is too much.. oh and two characters are DLC
    DeadmanXIII
    DeadmanXIII

Hard Corps uprising...Demo on XBLA Empty Re: Hard Corps uprising...Demo on XBLA

Post by DeadmanXIII Thu Feb 17, 2011 5:36 pm

I was disappointed with it personally. I could see a little of the Arc System magic in the aesthetics of the game but gameplay wise I thought Metal Slug 3 (also on XBLA) is a vastly superior title.

And 1200points is an absolute joke.
    jufonuk
    jufonuk

Post by jufonuk Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:51 pm

DeadmanXIII wrote:I was disappointed with it personally. I could see a little of the Arc System magic in the aesthetics of the game but gameplay wise I thought Metal Slug 3 (also on XBLA) is a vastly superior title.

And 1200points is an absolute joke.

Couldn't agree more with the above..
    DeadmanXIII
    DeadmanXIII

Post by DeadmanXIII Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:26 pm

Im suprised this was part of the Xbox Live House Party Promomtion this year. Glad to see Beyond Good And Evil HD is coming out this month!
    jufonuk
    jufonuk

Post by jufonuk Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:32 pm

never played BG&E not really into RPG's is it worth getting?

also what with 1200 points plus dlc price for download of characters I am not getting this game I have decided..

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Jun 29, 2024 9:35 pm