DPD Forum - Home Of The DPD Army

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

Are you getting the 3DS? - info here

MOONHEAD2
    MOONHEAD2

Are you getting the 3DS? - info here Empty Are you getting the 3DS? - info here

Post by MOONHEAD2 Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:52 am

Its getting closer guys! me and aysir/serenity were chatting yesterday on PS home - so what choices have you made? to buy or not to buy?

if you could get it for £197 would you?
    DeadmanXIII
    DeadmanXIII

Are you getting the 3DS? - info here Empty Re: Are you getting the 3DS? - info here

Post by DeadmanXIII Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:24 am

I'm gonna pass on it I don't play my PSP so can't see an injection of horsepower and 3D doing much to change my gaming habits.

After I've (finally) gone back and finished Metal Gear Peacewalker and ghost of Sparta I'm gonna get rid of the PSP and keep my portable gaming on my phone.
    jufonuk
    jufonuk

Are you getting the 3DS? - info here Empty Re: Are you getting the 3DS? - info here

Post by jufonuk Thu Mar 03, 2011 1:03 am

Pre-ordered for £197 at amazon plus SSFIV for £29 what with a new super mario being released for the 3DS I will not back out of getting one this time..
    DeadmanXIII
    DeadmanXIII

Post by DeadmanXIII Thu Mar 03, 2011 2:44 am

We are getting a 3DS at work. Tempted to not look at it in fear of wanting it:
    jufonuk
    jufonuk

Post by jufonuk Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:42 am

DeadmanXIII wrote:We are getting a 3DS at work. Tempted to not look at it in fear of wanting it:

Take a Look no harm in looking Wink

if it is the same demo unit set up as the one in Eltham then it's just the 3DS with no games apart from the AR games, in that case prepare to be underwhelmed....
    I ain't interested in no Jibba AR games foo' where my Street fighter at sucker?, I pity the foo' <--Mr T reference for any of you young whippersnappers out there reading this, now get off my Lawn!! go on get!!
    DeadmanXIII
    DeadmanXIII

Post by DeadmanXIII Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:26 am

It's gonna be a stand alone unit as my manager gets to take it home in a few months. Bring on the Pilotwings! lol
    jufonuk
    jufonuk

Post by jufonuk Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:31 am

you gonna have Pilot Wings at your work??? I Must make a Visit I must gaze upon this game, you may have to eject me from the Premises by force if so. Mwahahah
    DeadmanXIII
    DeadmanXIII

Post by DeadmanXIII Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:38 pm

Well, piloteings is a launch title so I would have thought I'd have it at work.
    jufonuk
    jufonuk

Post by jufonuk Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:54 pm

DeadmanXIII wrote:Well, piloteings is a launch title so I would have thought I'd have it at work.

Are you getting the 3DS? - info here 60rBl
    Davekma
    Davekma

Post by Davekma Thu Mar 03, 2011 8:22 pm

Did you get yours today then dude?

We got one, but they didn't think it a good idea to send any games to demo on it, just the pre-installed stuff.
    jufonuk
    jufonuk

Post by jufonuk Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:32 pm

Pilot Wings Resort and SSFIV both 8/10 from Eurogamer.net

SSFIV was tested without the online portion in use, so maybe bump up the score if online runs well or whelp by one if it are shite..
    DeadmanXIII
    DeadmanXIII

Post by DeadmanXIII Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:14 pm

No, we still havent had our demo unit yet. A ninty rep had one. I found it REALLY impressive, convinced me that I want one. Getting sf4 and pilotwings, nothing else on the launch line up impresses me.
    jufonuk
    jufonuk

Post by jufonuk Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:06 pm

I wants pilot wings too, will get that next month, then maybe RE Mercs or revelations too then when it comes out Mario,

ohh BTW SSFIV 9/10 from Nintendo LifeLink they tried the online say it's awesome.. hopefully the wifi works well on the move on a train.
    jufonuk
    jufonuk

Post by jufonuk Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:48 pm

Amazon selling 3DS for 187.99

I got this and SSFIV my order total for both including first calss delivery comes to 220.97 Serverly tempted to get another 3DS game Pilot wings perhaps? I dunno may leave it until a few months and get something new then, save some dosh... but wonder if anymore price drops will occur before launch date?
    Haify
    Haify

Post by Haify Fri Apr 08, 2011 3:20 pm

Keep reading that the sales for the 3DS are rather low and no where near the million mark. Even the buy back for the console in Japan seems to be lower then half price at some places.

Seems like its not going to well for Nintendo at the mo.
    jufonuk
    jufonuk

Post by jufonuk Fri Apr 08, 2011 3:22 pm

I hear otherwise:

Link
    Haify
    Haify

Post by Haify Fri Apr 08, 2011 4:25 pm

Americans must really love it then, as it seems the psp is out selling it in japan but I've not read much about it over here tho. I reckon sales will probably pick once they get some good games out the door as the launch titles sucked badly.

Link 2

Funny tho with people keep going on about it crashing or the screen fading to black all because nintendo didn't format there SD cards right rookie mistake.
    jufonuk
    jufonuk

Post by jufonuk Fri Apr 08, 2011 4:36 pm

Haify
    Haify

Post by Haify Fri Apr 08, 2011 5:16 pm

£43 quid doesn't seem much but on a console thats big. Then you have to remember that according to the sun people are returning them to Game bexleyheath because of dizziness.
    jufonuk
    jufonuk

Post by jufonuk Fri Apr 08, 2011 6:58 pm

Haify wrote:£43 quid doesn't seem much but on a console thats big. Then you have to remember that according to the sun people are returning them to Game bexleyheath because of dizziness.

I heard of that but Neogaf is dismissing that as a lot of rubbish, but either way it is funny out of all the console makers Nintendo are always predicted to be going tits up..

Haify
    Haify

Post by Haify Fri Apr 08, 2011 8:42 pm

It did sound like rubbish my mate who works there never heard of a 3DS getting returned for that reason.

That is true every one thinks Nintendo will go tits up.

They went tits up for me when they focused more on the family friendly shovelware they call games.
    jufonuk
    jufonuk

Post by jufonuk Fri Apr 08, 2011 8:53 pm

Haify wrote:It did sound like rubbish my mate who works there never heard of a 3DS getting returned for that reason.

That is true every one thinks Nintendo will go tits up.

They went tits up for me when they focused more on the family friendly shovelware they call games.

it's all subjective they can pump out some good games, like DKCR (ok that's Retro) NSMBWii is good, also I head Zelda is kick ass but I am not into RPG's

The blue ocean strategy divided the market,
    but hey different strokes for Different folks as they say
    Haify
    Haify

Post by Haify Fri Apr 08, 2011 9:02 pm

Zelda on the wii was the only one i've actually complete was a sweet game, No more heroes has to be my all time fav wii followed by Metroid prime.

Nintendo make great games for there console its mainly the other developers don't seem to want to try really or Nintendo give the rights to some one else and they go ruin the game like Metroid ;[ the prime series was just awesome but then they made M which just looked bad.
    jufonuk
    jufonuk

Post by jufonuk Fri Apr 08, 2011 9:07 pm

Other M was a pretty Sweet Game if you ignored the story and Samus had some Daddy Issues, but it is a solid game...

so far only Capcom/Treyarch/Eurocomm have given the wii the third party love it deserves...shame so many companies are all about the GFX, but then that is the average Gamer who only cares about the HD (not people on DPD) I mean the none gamers who have come into the fold due to GTA/CoD etc you know...true gamers only care about the gameplay
    Haify
    Haify

Post by Haify Fri Apr 08, 2011 10:13 pm

CoD gamers aren't real gamers! and Samus has daddy issues?

I know what you mean graphics is a plus side but its not every thing you need to have a decent story and gameplay to have a awesome game. The Wii did start off well with that but then they started making there gameplay more family friendly like with smash bros I found it harder to get into the new one, I still find Melee to be the better game and Marth is actually decent in it Razz

Capcom does give decent games like Phoenix wright Very Happy

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Jun 29, 2024 10:00 pm