DPD Forum - Home Of The DPD Army

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Dead Island

jufonuk
    jufonuk

Dead Island Empty Dead Island

Post by jufonuk Thu Feb 17, 2011 12:36 am

Beautiful Trailer.

Rather than run-and-gun their way through a meat maze, players will be forced to scavenge for objects and use them to beat their undead foes into submission. There are precious few firearms scattered around the island (and even less ammo), so the majority of the combat will be intimate. Knives, machetes, bats, broomsticks, pipes – these are your defenses against the horde of infected monsters. It's survival horror with a melee action twist, and it's disgusting.
    IGN

Dead Island Dead-island-20110215055248475

Dead Island's concept is striking. Place players on a tropical island; surround them with zombies of varying shapes, sizes, speeds and abilities; place only found objects at their disposal; degrade their weapons over time; and set the whole adventure against a backdrop of mystery and drama. But will a first-person melee combat action game with RPG elements really work?
    Dead Island Dead-island-20110215055247850

More Pics here..
    I am keeping a major eye on this.
    Haify
    Haify

Dead Island Empty Re: Dead Island

Post by Haify Thu Feb 17, 2011 1:53 am

That's is a good trailer, have to say the game is sounding good and it does make a change to see a zombie survival game with out loads of weapons floating around in odd places like Resident Evil.

Be cool to see how the RPG elements work.
    Aysir
    Aysir

Post by Aysir Thu Feb 17, 2011 2:07 am

I really am sick of zombies
    jufonuk
    jufonuk

Post by jufonuk Thu Feb 17, 2011 2:16 am

Aysir wrote:I really am sick of zombies
    affraid

lol just kidding, i can see why you would be a lot of games now have zombies in them.. but personally i do like the odd zombie game just that some of them do not do them the way i would like, the whole enclose location and the way it sounds like it plays feels like it will b a good thing but again time will tell.
    Haify
    Haify

Post by Haify Fri Mar 25, 2011 5:11 pm

There is a blog post on this over at the eu playstation blog and it says there will be up to 4 player drop in and out co-op which sounds sweet.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Jun 29, 2024 9:33 pm