DPD Forum - Home Of The DPD Army

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

COD: Black Ops

jjones87
    jjones87

COD: Black Ops - Page 2 Empty Re: COD: Black Ops

Post by jjones87 Wed Nov 10, 2010 2:33 pm

Haify wrote:I think CoD 3 was the best looking CoD game on the ps3.

Those are all good points which does make the game good but to me the combat just doesn't seem as good as MW2. Infanaty ward have always been better with online to be honest.

Zombie mode was fun but every one just seemed to do there own thing and didn't bother opening doors to get to the next room which sucked as every one was just in the starting area killing zombies. Neutral

Maybe its a preference thing then, but i really enjoy it. And as for the Zombies, your the one who was running off, and opening doors!
    MOONHEAD2
    MOONHEAD2

Post by MOONHEAD2 Wed Nov 10, 2010 5:09 pm

Haify wrote:I think its going to be a trade in for me once I've completed it

100% agreed
    MOONHEAD2
    MOONHEAD2

Post by MOONHEAD2 Wed Nov 10, 2010 5:13 pm

ive already started the campaign not impressed at all so far - online is okish again nothing special!

Best COD singleplayer : COD4 Modern warfare
    Best COD multiplayer : COD World at War

Hands Down! even though i loved WAW singleplayer too
    jjones87
    jjones87

Post by jjones87 Wed Nov 10, 2010 5:53 pm

Maybe we all expect to much from games.... people moan if things aint changed, then people moan if its changed...
    DeadmanXIII
    DeadmanXIII

Post by DeadmanXIII Wed Nov 10, 2010 6:03 pm

jjones87 wrote:Maybe we all expect to much from games.... people moan if things aint changed, then people moan if its changed...

So true, my standards of AAA titles is So high I find small niggles virtually deal breaking!

Black Ops tonight then, I'll leave campaign for today and get some MP on!
    jjones87
    jjones87

Post by jjones87 Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:53 pm

not that im complaining cos im partial to this too, think we all are. If you like mate, maybe some zombies too? thats four player coop
    Haify
    Haify

Post by Haify Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:07 pm

jjones87 wrote:
    Maybe its a preference thing then, but i really enjoy it. And as for the Zombies, your the one who was running off, and opening doors!

But that is the idea we need to turn the power on not stay in the first room shooting zombies, we need to explore!

After last night I started to enjoy it so probably keep it for now but my opinion hasn't changed Razz

Edit:

Most of the maps are anti sniper sucks Neutral
    DeadmanXIII
    DeadmanXIII

Post by DeadmanXIII Thu Nov 11, 2010 3:06 am

On the main menu alternately press the triggers really fast and you can break from the chair. Head over to the Pc nearby and type in DOA and you can access "Dead Ops" a top down zombie shooter.

Or type in Zork and you can get a classic Text Adventure!

Pretty cool!
    Haify
    Haify

Post by Haify Thu Nov 11, 2010 12:46 pm

Sweet cheers for that will give it ago Razz

Also did you have trouble getting into games last night? It took me ages to get into any matches going or I'd get in one and it would crash which sucked. So I loaded MW2 up instead and I'm surprised there is still loads of people playing it now Ops is out.
    DeadmanXIII
    DeadmanXIII

Post by DeadmanXIII Thu Nov 11, 2010 2:35 pm

MW2 will always have tons of people playing. I see a lot of people trying Black Ops and returning to MW2.

Im not even gonna bother finishing the single player now, just really bored of it. got about halfway before deciding im just not having fun.

Not about to force my way through it. I MUCG prefered the MoH single player. There was some variety to the gameplay.

Ive found in Black Ops they like to kill you without the player having a chance to survive first time.

There are jumps that i tried and failed to clear and THEN? it tells me i need to sprint. Thanks a fucking bunch, couldnt have told me 5 seconds ago before the whole flow of the sequence was ruined. In the same section the NPC Clark ran past me and forced me of a ledge to my death.

There are FAR too many areas where the enemies infinitely respawn and you pretty much have to close your eyes and run through to the next check point, and the fuckers hiding just to the side of doors to melee me, are put there JUST to fuck me over

i was in tunnel, and it suddenly collapsed and i died, and the message "you didnt escape in time" flashed up. How was i supposed to know it was collapsing? after i respawned i ran straight through but there was no way for me to know about it unless it had previously killed me.

Ok, Rant over. Time to eye up BFBC2 methinks
    Haify
    Haify

Post by Haify Thu Nov 11, 2010 2:44 pm

I've only played the first level but from what you saying it sounds crap and they tried to add to much in it to keep the player guessing.

MoH has to be the best single player, I loved the mixture of action, snipering, stealth and laser targeting in it keep the action fresh instead of doing the same old stuff. Plus it was good how the three different teams interacted with each other through the story.

BC2 is really good but the online is really different tho and the story is good but the maps aren't open world like the first one.

Edit:

Personally I think CoD has lost its way now there trying to get one out every year as the story telling and action has gone downhill. MW2 story wasn't that great imo either.
    DeadmanXIII
    DeadmanXIII

Post by DeadmanXIII Thu Nov 11, 2010 3:17 pm

COD: Black Ops - Page 2 4683369a_ac3e_2173
    jjones87
    jjones87

Post by jjones87 Thu Nov 11, 2010 8:49 pm

See, i think the story is pretty good and am enjoying it. But the online for me, is where this game stands tall.. there is so much to customize and unlock. Im not a COD fanboy, nor a BFBC fanboy, and i like both. And the sniper rant, tbh its more CQB so snipers wouldnt be dominate, for example like MOH is. I wont be trading this in
    DeadmanXIII
    DeadmanXIII

Post by DeadmanXIII Thu Nov 11, 2010 9:07 pm

Anyone with the 360 version? i hear it is having freezing issues.
    Haify
    Haify

Post by Haify Thu Nov 11, 2010 9:20 pm

I know its more CQB so that defeats the point of having a sniper class in the game at all which having them in it screws the balance of the game off, MoH has the trouble that the sniper is a 1 hit kill where as BF and CoD doesn't only if its an head shot.

For me the online is ok but they kinda killed it for me with all the locked crap, you start off with 3 games modes and you have to level up to just play a new game mode. Plus the unlocking of weapons and then you have to buy them to use them what is that all about?

Edit:

360 having issues? I've heard the PC version lags or drops frame rate alot off and online.
    jjones87
    jjones87

Post by jjones87 Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:39 pm

well thats a good thing, was sick and tired of unlocking guns as you rank up, you can get what you want when you want, i think its a good idea.
    Haify
    Haify

Post by Haify Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:51 pm

jjones87 wrote:well thats a good thing, was sick and tired of unlocking guns as you rank up, you can get what you want when you want, i think its a good idea.

But its worse as you have to unlock the weapons still but can't use them until you buy them which doubles the effort :s
    Haify
    Haify

Post by Haify Sun Nov 14, 2010 12:57 am

Just completed it today took about 5-6 hours to do on easy haha couldn't be brothered with Hardened. Have to say the story is good had some fun moments in it but I found most of the best bits where played out for you.

I hated the annoying random AI spawn points which get annoying so I just ran past most of them in the end haha and I see what you meant Deadman with the don't tell you what to do jumps or that the cave is collapsing.

After all that its a good game but I still say Medal of honor's single player and graphics top it just a shame its multiplayer wasn't as good.
    jjones87
    jjones87

Post by jjones87 Sun Nov 14, 2010 5:02 pm

The graphics for MOH sp were awful...
    Haify
    Haify

Post by Haify Sun Nov 14, 2010 5:10 pm

Its hardly noticeable compared to Ops even MW2 graphics are shit on the ps3, they don't even try with the ps3 like there do with Xbox and PC.
    jjones87
    jjones87

Post by jjones87 Sun Nov 14, 2010 9:11 pm

yeah, well i think activision and infinity ward shaft ps3 owners and make it a '360 exclusive' and then just add the ps3 title as an after though. Campaign is wicked though, nearly finished it now
    Haify
    Haify

Post by Haify Sun Nov 14, 2010 10:46 pm

My dad has been playing it today on the pc on normal and his nearly completed it already and he takes ages to do games Laughing
    jjones87
    jjones87

Post by jjones87 Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:30 am

still keeping it though, online is awesome

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Jul 04, 2024 2:04 am