DPD Forum - Home Of The DPD Army

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

Retro?!! what is retro!!

robin smith
    robin smith

Retro?!! what is retro!! Empty Retro?!! what is retro!!

Post by robin smith Thu Oct 07, 2010 7:21 pm

I mean really.

I know someone on facebook who earlyer this week stated they were in the mood to play a ps1 game, that they were on a retro kick.

WHAT?! ps1, retro!

Forgive me but when did that happen??

Since when was a disk based system ever retro?

Tiz utter madness. Retro should come with the disclaimer, "if its clearly visable what your playing as and easy to understand the sound effects as what they are, then your game is not retro, sorry!"

Retro games need to be totally ugly, blinking, stuttery little piles of shit. They need to make you with you were dead within the first 5 seconds of turning them on. The are bold, flat and totally undesurnable blocks of colour. And they are fucking brilliant in every way because of it.

give it 20 years, and then, maybe, just maybe, you can think about calling ps1 retro!
    Aysir
    Aysir

Retro?!! what is retro!! Empty Re: Retro?!! what is retro!!

Post by Aysir Thu Oct 07, 2010 7:24 pm

Yeah, PS1 probably isn't quite retro yet. Anything before it is though. I think pre-3D games are generally considered retro - or basic 3D games like Wing Commander, Doom or Armour-Geddon.