DPD Forum - Home Of The DPD Army

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
Aysir
jjones87
DeadmanXIII
7 posters

KILLZONE 3 BITCHES!!

DeadmanXIII
    DeadmanXIII

KILLZONE 3 BITCHES!! Empty KILLZONE 3 BITCHES!!

Post by DeadmanXIII Fri Feb 25, 2011 1:52 am

Who got it? Whose getting it? What do we think?

Above all, who is going balls deep in the multiplayer?
    jjones87
    jjones87

KILLZONE 3 BITCHES!! Empty Re: KILLZONE 3 BITCHES!!

Post by jjones87 Fri Feb 25, 2011 2:37 am

I have it, what do i think? friggin epic so far! done bout 4 missions and 2 multiplayer games love it so far! and i dont get ya on the last bit hahaha
    DeadmanXIII
    DeadmanXIII

Post by DeadmanXIII Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:11 am

im really enjoying it, there have been some great moments so far. Epic is the word, i love the way everything in the world seems to have a real weight to it. It feels like your a person with a gun rather than a camera moving around.

the Helghast continue to be absolutley badass enemies, and those Capture Soldiers are fantastic!

Gonna get Single player all done before really diving into Multiplayer, but loved the beta. Im building up Engineer class but love the way that you could earn unlock points as an Engineer and spend them on say the Medic. You dont have to grind each class to level up the things YOU want to upgrade!
    Aysir
    Aysir

Post by Aysir Fri Feb 25, 2011 1:14 pm

Work has me a little busy at the moment, so I won't be grabbing this day one. I will certainly be grabbing it in the near future though. Loved the SP demo - especially with the Move.
    jjones87
    jjones87

Post by jjones87 Fri Feb 25, 2011 2:52 pm

DeadmanXIII wrote:im really enjoying it, there have been some great moments so far. Epic is the word, i love the way everything in the world seems to have a real weight to it. It feels like your a person with a gun rather than a camera moving around.

the Helghast continue to be absolutley badass enemies, and those Capture Soldiers are fantastic!

Gonna get Single player all done before really diving into Multiplayer, but loved the beta. Im building up Engineer class but love the way that you could earn unlock points as an Engineer and spend them on say the Medic. You dont have to grind each class to level up the things YOU want to upgrade!

Definitly... the melees are fantastic too. im going to do half and half, so it mixes it up abit. Shame there is no online coop though!
    DeadmanXIII
    DeadmanXIII

Post by DeadmanXIII Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:14 pm

I struggled with using the Move to be honest. I gave up pretty early in the 1st mission. I'll probably try an "easy mode" playthrough using the move to rack up some more Helghast kills in an effort to mop up some trophies.
    DeadmanXIII
    DeadmanXIII

Post by DeadmanXIII Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:35 pm

Just had an email discussion with the Buying Dept at work today they confirmed the 24hour XP codes should be in stores by Monday. If you bought collectors edition online I'd expect an email soon on the matter but don't quote me. If you bought in store keep the receipt and try back in store after the weekend.
    Davekma
    Davekma

Post by Davekma Fri Feb 25, 2011 5:35 pm

Anyone getting the Sharpshooter attach thing? One of the guys at work was going mad for it yesterday when they turned up.

Personally, it looks like a very expensive piece of red plastic with a few add-ons that isn't worth the extortionate price being asked, but then I'm cynical like that Razz
    Aysir
    Aysir

Post by Aysir Fri Feb 25, 2011 5:37 pm

I think it's a little overpriced to. At a tenner I may have considered it, but as it is, I'll just stick to the Move au natural.
    Davekma
    Davekma

Post by Davekma Fri Feb 25, 2011 5:43 pm

It does have some buttons that are actual buttons, not things that just push buttons on the Move/Nav controllers, so it's not exactly a glorified Wii Zapper, but it's not far off Laughing
    Haify
    Haify

Post by Haify Fri Feb 25, 2011 10:06 pm

DeadmanXIII wrote:Just had an email discussion with the Buying Dept at work today they confirmed the 24hour XP codes should be in stores by Monday. If you bought collectors edition online I'd expect an email soon on the matter but don't quote me. If you bought in store keep the receipt and try back in store after the weekend.

I got my code emailed today.
    jjones87
    jjones87

Post by jjones87 Sat Feb 26, 2011 3:11 am

yep got my code, tried it and works fine. The online on this game is very enjoyable and you feel like a team rather than one man taking on the entire team. Operations is really sweet, there are cut scenes with every player in them, and depending on how well you do, you appear in those scenes. For example i was top of my team so i was in literally all of them, and one game i was doing really bad and it featured me being beaten and captured by the Helgast... haha good times indeed! Very Happy
    DeadmanXIII
    DeadmanXIII

Post by DeadmanXIII Sun Feb 27, 2011 1:24 am

All finished with the campaign, overall I really enjoyed it. I'll wait till a few more people finish it up before revealing my only gripe with the single player. Now, onto Multiplayer
    serenity
    serenity

Post by serenity Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:12 pm

who just called me a bitch ???
    jjones87
    jjones87

Post by jjones87 Mon Feb 28, 2011 2:58 am

DeadmanXIII wrote:All finished with the campaign, overall I really enjoyed it. I'll wait till a few more people finish it up before revealing my only gripe with the single player. Now, onto Multiplayer

yeah man finished it aswell, really enjoyed it, the action and gunfights where intense!
    MOONHEAD2
    MOONHEAD2

KILLZONE 3 BITCHES!! Empty i will buy this!

Post by MOONHEAD2 Tue Mar 01, 2011 4:07 am

but i want you guys to play with me online cos ive never played KZ b4 so DONT TRADE IT IN yet lol
    DeadmanXIII
    DeadmanXIII

Post by DeadmanXIII Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:42 am

I'm not getting rid of it ANYTIME soon. I love the feel of KZ online. The leveling up is well designed and there are clear differences between the classes and each has strengths in different situations. Also, if you want to level up the medic but hate playing the medic class in those early stages, you can save unlock points from playing as any class and spend em however you want. So you (in theory) you can play as one class exclusively and upgrade everything on everyone.

KZ3 has a decent little story but everything important plotwise takes places hundreds of miles from the player and has nothing really to do with the actions of the player.

Stahll is a fucking great character though. It has made me want to go back to KZ2 and reply the campaign on that. In fact, Moon, if you have never played Killzone I'd suggest starting with KZ3 as you need to have played that before hitting part 3.

It's ok, you can skip the PS2 game, but part 3 continues straight after 2 and leads straight into part 4 (eventually)!
    DeadmanXIII
    DeadmanXIII

Post by DeadmanXIII Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:45 am

I have joined a clan of another podcast, all the clan stuff is built into the game and is fantastic. If we end up making a clan for our own little posse then I'll jump into that one instead. In fact if only 4 of us confirm we wanna make a little clan I'll sort it later.

jjones87
    jjones87

Post by jjones87 Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:00 pm

im down for this, i absolutely loove this gamne, its awesome on so many levels. Agree with you about the campaign aswell!. This just blows any COD to date out of the water, the maps are the best i have seen!
    DeadmanXIII
    DeadmanXIII

Post by DeadmanXIII Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:06 am

Even the returning KZ2 maps are fantastic. I generally agree with the "better than cod" statement, but cod4 is still the greatest console FPS!

I enjoyed KZ3 so much I bought KZ and KZ2 yesterday and am starting the series from scratch.

@JJ did you play KZ2? If not you MUST go back to it, the single player was much stronger.

Also, I hear that custom games are returning in an upcoming patch, so we can create gamesand set our own number of kills, time limits, gametypes, etc. Can't wait.
    jjones87
    jjones87

Post by jjones87 Wed Mar 02, 2011 3:04 pm

Yea mate, i did play KZ2.. really? i thought this campaign was better in my opinion, saying that the second one was really good too... the online on this one is alot smoother and better
    Haify
    Haify

Post by Haify Wed Mar 09, 2011 2:07 am

Just completed it and its just pure win, now I can start some multiplayer and use my code.

Dowt I be on alot as I have way to many games to complete bought to many cheap games haha
    DeadmanXIII
    DeadmanXIII

Post by DeadmanXIII Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:08 am

I still havent used my code yet either, waiting for a day off I an dedicate to some killzoooooooone!!
    Haify
    Haify

Post by Haify Wed Mar 09, 2011 2:48 pm

I'm going to use mine later as I'm off for like 2 weeks now haha Very Happy
    DeadmanXIII
    DeadmanXIII

Post by DeadmanXIII Wed Mar 09, 2011 3:13 pm

Two WEEKS? Damn, sounds good !

Lots of time for shooty bang bang action!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Jul 06, 2024 3:26 pm