DPD Forum - Home Of The DPD Army

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

Suggestions for new Wii Owners

jufonuk
    jufonuk

Suggestions for new Wii Owners Empty Suggestions for new Wii Owners

Post by jufonuk Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:07 pm

Ok this thread is inspired by DaveKma, who in news to the rumoured Limited Edition Red Wii coming to Europe had this to say....
    Davekma wrote:In an add-on type of news story, rumor is they might bring the Red Wii over to europe.

I might actually buy a Wii after all...

So this Thread is about any great games that think are worthy for first time Wii owners, to make it more interesting limit it to 4 Retail Games and 2 Downloadable ones, if you feel like it include a blurb as to why,

peripheral wise could be inlcuded also, so here are my Suggestions:

Top 4 Wii Retail Games

Super Mario Brothers Wii: A great 2D Mario Game great in Single Player but made all that more fun by the simultantious 4 player action (will need 4 wiimotes)

Mario Kart Wii: Great Game to play made all that more fun with multiplayer & online mode (can Use GC Controller too)

Tatsunoko Versus Capcom:
    This is a great fighting game, some people may argue that super smash brothers brawl should be included instead of but I prefer the fighting mechanics to this game other SSBB, to get teh most out of it you need a classic controller pro or arcade stick, the online component is what pushes the replay value up for me (ok it can be laggy at times, but when it works it works well)

Sin & Punishment 2:I would recomend this for some fast and frantic oldschool on rails shooting action, fast frantic and fun!!

Download wise, I would Suggest:
    Lost Winds Winter of The Melodias:, a great exploration Platforming game and uses the Wii controls brillantly.

Contra Rebirth Contra with glorious 16-bit like Graphics and rock hard gameplay a great VC game to get uses Wiimote

so what are your suggestions for a first time Wii buyer, or anyone looking to check out some wii games?...
    DeadmanXIII
    DeadmanXIII

Suggestions for new Wii Owners Empty Re: Suggestions for new Wii Owners

Post by DeadmanXIII Mon Oct 11, 2010 7:44 pm

For Dave id suggest buying the Red Wii. Save by not buying any games, and just leave it next to the Red 360.

Failing that New Super Mario Bros as it has a RED box.

For everyone else, id suggest...

Mario Kart Wii
    New Super Mario Bros
    Resident Evil Darkside Chronicles
    Tatsunoku Vs Capcom

For Downloadable games,

Super Mario Bros 3 (Best Mario Game ever)
    Lylat Wars
    jufonuk
    jufonuk

Post by jufonuk Tue Nov 16, 2010 3:25 am

To this list I would add:

Golden Eye:
    Ok while nothing will be the original (in our rose tinted nostalgia minds eyes) this a is a great update with some excellent stealth action combines with some open paths, hidden ducts etc plus all out balls to the wall shooting action, I would highly rate this for it's single player mode, but not for the MP online as it plays like CoD lite and not the goldeneye you remember in gace if you like it old school you better of playing CoD Reflex on hardcore mode.

it supports four local players (so the old round the settee matches are back, plus classic controller pro, GC controls wii zapper and Wiimote nuchuck combo)

if you looking for some great online wii fps Action I think it is a toss up between CoD Reflex and black ops.

for some excellent rail shooters you cannot go wrong with House of the Dead Overkill and Dead Space Extraction.

anyone looking for GTA clones on Wii check out
    Scarface the world is yours
    Godfather Black hand edition
    Bully Scholarship Edition

also check out No More Heroes 2 (I prefer the second Version)
    Metroid Other M is a great game
    as well as Red Steel 2

Lost in Shadow is a great game I picked up reminds me of Limbo and Prince of persia, you have to guide a shadow of a boy that has been seperated from it's owner the light tricks are great..

doing this list has made me reliase there are a lot of Wii games I havent fully played through awoo

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Jun 29, 2024 9:25 pm