DPD Forum - Home Of The DPD Army

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

When did you start following pro wrestling?

DeadmanXIII
    DeadmanXIII

When did you start following pro wrestling? Empty When did you start following pro wrestling?

Post by DeadmanXIII Sun Mar 20, 2011 3:53 pm

I remember watching WWF round friends houses late at night on Sky Movies (PRE Sky Sports you see) and being a huge Hulk Hogan fan. As a kid we wouldn't use jumpers for goal posts we would use them as turnbuckles and play on the field being Jake Roberts and DDTing each other or just shouting "HOOOOOOOOOO" like Hacksaw.

Eventually people convinced me it was fake and I didn't watch for most of the 90s. Untill around about Mania 14 when the Attitude era and Austin 3:16 was gripping the planet.

Now though I could appreciate the art, the story and if course the impact of the moves. I knew that people in the ring were looking out for each other as much as they can, But the best way to make a hit look real is to hit someone!

I am likely to be a wrestling fan for life, and the story behind the scenes is as fascinating if not more so than the action on the screen.

When The Rock returned to Monday Night Raw I had chills, when my favourite babyface beats a hated heel I will jump out of my chair and when someone does something really awesome i am ready with a "HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT" chant!
    Haify
    Haify

When did you start following pro wrestling? Empty Re: When did you start following pro wrestling?

Post by Haify Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:08 pm

I never really watched or liked wrestling until my cousin brought over wrestling stickers or cards haha.

That was probably around 1998ish maybe can't really remember tho but I do remember was when Too Cool was there with grandmaster sexy and scotty too hotty. Then I got bored of it once Rock left to become a movie star.

Later on you got me into TNA and well I'm a fan again Very Happy
    serenity
    serenity

When did you start following pro wrestling? Empty Re: When did you start following pro wrestling?

Post by serenity Thu Mar 24, 2011 4:16 am

aww bless u two still wet behind the ears in pro wrestling terms i started 30 yrs ago watching it on sat morning tv just after world of sport with the great kent walton as host (RIP) with matches like big daddy vs giant haystacks kendo nagasaki vs fit finley etc NOW THEY WERE WRESTLERS!!!
    DeadmanXIII
    DeadmanXIII

Post by DeadmanXIII Thu Mar 24, 2011 11:18 am

I never saw Big Daddy do a 450' from the top rope! lol
    serenity
    serenity

Post by serenity Thu Mar 24, 2011 3:21 pm

trust me you wouldn't of got up from a big daddy splash!
    DeadmanXIII
    DeadmanXIII

Post by DeadmanXIII Thu Mar 24, 2011 5:25 pm

I'm not THAT young, I remember him. His name is Shirley Crabtree or something.
    Haify
    Haify

Post by Haify Thu Mar 24, 2011 8:13 pm

I've heard of big daddy but I have no idea who that is Sad
    serenity
    serenity

Post by serenity Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:11 pm

him giant haystacks and kendo nagasaki legends in their own lifetime proper wrestlers!!
    DeadmanXIII
    DeadmanXIII

Post by DeadmanXIII Thu Mar 24, 2011 10:23 pm

They are in "Showdown: Legends Of Wrestling" on PS2. It's a fun little wrestling game. Ollllld schoooool!
    serenity
    serenity

Post by serenity Fri Mar 25, 2011 3:01 am

oooo didnt know that!
    serenity
    serenity

Post by serenity Fri Mar 25, 2011 3:21 am

ere u go halfy try this link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0DSro4l_0cE
    serenity
    serenity

Post by serenity Fri Mar 25, 2011 3:40 am

and then there was the crossover as loch ness https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EwWSVqFaKmU&NR=1
    Haify
    Haify

Post by Haify Fri Mar 25, 2011 2:49 pm

serenity wrote:ere u go halfy try this link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0DSro4l_0cE

That was a bit of a dull match haha but at least I know who they are now.

Think I'll probably end up stop watching wrestling again soon haha Razz
    serenity
    serenity

Post by serenity Fri Mar 25, 2011 11:23 pm

no taste This is proper ground and pound wrestling as it was and should be !no high flying stuff as doug williams said
    Haify
    Haify

Post by Haify Fri Mar 25, 2011 11:38 pm

As much as I like high flying stuff, I've always been more of a fan of grappling when you see people pulling of scary or over the top suplex bomb stuff its swheet.

If I want to see a striking match I'll go watch boxing.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Jun 29, 2024 9:33 pm