DPD Forum - Home Of The DPD Army

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Donkey Kong Returns (Deadman XIII should be making this thread)

jufonuk
    jufonuk

Donkey Kong Returns (Deadman XIII should be making this thread) Empty Donkey Kong Returns (Deadman XIII should be making this thread)

Post by jufonuk Sat Jan 15, 2011 1:44 pm

Ok due to the influx of games I have put this to one side but started playing it again this morning, all I can say is "Wow"
    this game looks awesome and apart from a few control niggles it plays awesome..
    though I can find bits frustrating at times.(fucking crabs!! )
    without wishing to sound too gushing this game has a lot more style and humour then most games out there, I am only on world two.

I love it !

The next 2.5D mario game beter have retro at the helm for the graphics..

compared to NSMBW I feel Mario has the edge in controls but this has the lead in enjoyment and inventiveness, the looks go to this also.

Welome back DK and Diddy, let's hope Retro are working on starfox and f-zero Very Happy

This,NSMW,lost in Shadow,Lost Wind Series, Wario Land Shake Dimension are by far some of the best 2 (.5D) Platformers excusive to the Wii
    Thoughts?
    DeadmanXIII
    DeadmanXIII

Donkey Kong Returns (Deadman XIII should be making this thread) Empty Re: Donkey Kong Returns (Deadman XIII should be making this thread)

Post by DeadmanXIII Sat Jan 15, 2011 4:55 pm

Told you so
    jufonuk
    jufonuk

Donkey Kong Returns (Deadman XIII should be making this thread) Empty Re: Donkey Kong Returns (Deadman XIII should be making this thread)

Post by jufonuk Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:32 am

DeadmanXIII wrote:Told you so
    yes you did Very Happy

Bloody hell the game is sometimes "bite the controller" hard as times (some Minecart parts) but holy hell it just feels all that sweeter once you complete that part.
    Haify
    Haify

Post by Haify Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:57 pm

Deadman kept going on about this to me, so it is that good then? I might try pick up a copy later and dust of the wii Very Happy
    jufonuk
    jufonuk

Post by jufonuk Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:11 am

Haify wrote:Deadman kept going on about this to me, so it is that good then? I might try pick up a copy later and dust of the wii Very Happy
    it's is that good, but can be frustraiting as hell at times, but so worth it when you get past the part giving you grief.
    DeadmanXIII
    DeadmanXIII

Post by DeadmanXIII Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:49 am

It's a real bastard at times, but that's what I wanted really. The mine cart levels are especially tough, but thankfully your not punished too hard for losing all your lives and can pick up a fair few lives and coins by replaying earlier levels to collect KONG letters and jigsaw pieces.

It's very amazing indeed!
    jufonuk
    jufonuk

Post by jufonuk Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:54 am

DeadmanXIII wrote:It's a real bastard at times, but that's what I wanted really. The mine cart levels are especially tough, but thankfully your not punished too hard for losing all your lives and can pick up a fair few lives and coins by replaying earlier levels to collect KONG letters and jigsaw pieces.

It's very amazing indeed!
    they even tougher when playing after a row of night shifts lol

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Jun 29, 2024 9:44 pm