DPD Forum - Home Of The DPD Army

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

My PS3 died

DeadmanXIII
    DeadmanXIII

My PS3 died Empty My PS3 died

Post by DeadmanXIII Thu Oct 21, 2010 10:30 pm

60gig finally gave up.

came home and had a flashing red light to greet me. I stared at it for a few mins thinking "did it always do that?", realised it didnt, turned it on, green light, yellow light, flashing red light. affraid

Not backed my stuff up for months. Gonna sort out a slim tomorrow. i gotta get a stinking 160gb one and swap my 500gb harddrive back in. At which point it will format my ps3 gaming away.
    Sad

its only a game, its only a game.

FUUUUCK! All that Burnout progress, Lost planet, AAAARRRGGGGHHHHH!!!!!!Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
    Davekma
    Davekma

My PS3 died Empty Re: My PS3 died

Post by Davekma Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:27 pm

Look on the bright side, there's some pretty good games in the 'Buy any one of these for £20' deal.
    Restless
    Restless

Post by Restless Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:44 pm

if it's gonna format your drive when you put it in then can you hold off for a few days.. not sure if it'll work but I have an idea.. i have a enclosure for laptop drives that means you can access the data off them with USB.. you might then just be able to backup the saves to pc then copy back... let me know if you wanna borrow it..
    DeadmanXIII
    DeadmanXIII

Post by DeadmanXIII Fri Oct 22, 2010 12:04 am

thank rest, but i have one. im gonna give it a try. i cant recover it. but im hoping to salvage the saves or something.
    Aysir
    Aysir

Post by Aysir Fri Oct 22, 2010 1:39 pm

Unless you can get the PS3 to run again - even for a breif period - you cannot get the data off that harddrive. The 60gig PS3's really are evil - pretty much identical to launch 360's - except the problem stayed with just the launch machines.
    DeadmanXIII
    DeadmanXIII

Post by DeadmanXIII Fri Oct 22, 2010 6:49 pm

Getting a new machine tomorrow. Couldn't find time today. Wondering if it's worth getting the machine solus for £225 or go for a bundle, not sure what the free game bundle is at Game.
    Davekma
    Davekma

Post by Davekma Fri Oct 22, 2010 7:37 pm

Check commercial tommorow dude, I think on the 'Get one of these for £20' offer, you can get up to 4 of them with every console. Depending on what they trade in for (And depending if Ben allows you to) You may be able trade the games in onto a card, then use it to buy the PS3. If I remember, there's no free game bundle this week.

I know Fallout, PES11 and Castlevania are 3 of the 6 games, can't remember the other 3 though, maybe Vanquish. Might even be possible to do this on a discounted solus console as well.
    jjones87
    jjones87

Post by jjones87 Fri Oct 22, 2010 11:21 pm

DeadmanXIII wrote:Getting a new machine tomorrow. Couldn't find time today. Wondering if it's worth getting the machine solus for £225 or go for a bundle, not sure what the free game bundle is at Game.

Saw a ps3 console and MOH for 200 quid in game...

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Sep 21, 2024 4:13 am